GV3N 36kV 630A… 2500A 25/31.5kA Gas Insulted Switchgear
A) Design Concept
Small Foot Print
GV3N family has a modular construction with compact foot-print and robust design.
Thanks to its small foot print the cubicles are transportable in up to 4 panel lots with busbar, inter panel wires, earthing etc connected.
TAMCO has designed the GV family switchgear keeping in mind the customer flexibility for cable termination either from front or rear with cable entry option from top or bottom.
Also customer have the option to choose busbar either in air or gas.
GV3N uses -4.5Kg of SF6 gas as insulation medium. The quantity of SF6 gas is appreciably less than the conventional GIS switchgear.
Ease of Operation
Mimic diagrams and position indicators to guide the operators for operation. Additionally this reduces the chance of any special undesired operation. This is also ensures that no special training is required for the operators.
GV3N is equipped with all mandatory interlocks and padlocks for fool proof operation. Extensive operational safety interlocks like PERMISSIVE interlock, PROOF OF EARTH, POINT OF ISOLATION etc. are incorporated into the product. Fully IAF type tested for 1 sec duration and all operation behind close door provides maximum safety to the operators.
TAMCO’s time proven mechanism having field experience of more than 40 years provides reliable switching operation. The component count has also been considerably reduced, hereby providing higher reliability.
Ease of Installation
Installation and commissioning at site does not require SF6 handling at site. This simplifies the planning and reduces the installation time.
The circuit breaker is hermitically sealed for life inside a gas tank. Touch proof option for busbar & cable ensure that no maintenance is required.
B) Key Features
- Most compact foot print with rigid structure
- VCB with SF6 gas insulation. Cable & Busbar are in air with touch proof connections
- No SF6 gas handling at site
- Safe, positive and fool proof interlocks
- Cable door cannot be opened except when cable are earthed for operator safety
- Pad-lockable VCB & 3-position motorized Disconnector
- Fully modular design with extension on both sides
- SF6 gas content - 4.5kg
- Front cable entry & no rear clearance required
- Optional top, bottom, rear cable entry available
Products are tested at international Labs such as CESI (Italy), KEMA (Netherlands) as per:
- IEC62271 – 100 : High Voltage Circuit Breakers (1kV – 52 kV)
- IEC62271 – 200 : High Voltage Metal Enclosed Switchgear (1kV – 52kV)
- IEC62271 – 102 : High Voltage Disconnectors & Earthing Switches
- IEC60376 : SF6 gas
- IEC60480 : SF6 gas checks
- IEC62271 – 1 : High Voltage switchgear and Controlgear – Common Specifications
- IEC60137 : Insulated bushing • IEC60529 – IP : Degree of Protection
GV3N is designed to maximise safety in installation, Operation and maintenance. It complies with the latest IEC standards and fitted with all mandatory interlocks are recommended by the international standards.
- Disconnector can be operated only when VCB is in “OFF” condition.
- VCB can’t be operated, either mechanically or electrically, when Disconnector is accessed.
- Allows the operation of Disconnector to “EARTH” only when key is trapped.
- The key can’t be removed when Disconnector is in “EARTH” position.
POINT OF ISOLATION*
- Restricts the Disconnector to be moved to “ON” position if the POI is established (i.e. closed).
PROOF OF EARTH
- Key can’t be removed in any position other than when cables have been connected to “EARTH”.
- Allows operation of Disconnector from “EARTH” to “OFF” only when key is trapped.
- The opening of cable access cover is not possible unless the cable have been connected to “EARTH”.
- Disconnector operation is not possible if the cable access cover is “OPEN”